Unfortunately, decreased penile sensation is an inevitable certainty for most men. Simple aging can often lead many men to long for their erections of old: erections that stood hard and steadfast, and often were accompanied by a low refractory period between sex or solo-love. Don’t believe it? Look at all of the money spent each year to reverse the loss of sensation in the penis! Cialis, Viagra, and scores of others, some more exotic in origin, are popped like Hubba Bubba in hopes that penile sensitivity returns.
What some men don’t realize is there are other ways to fight decreased penile sensitivity that doesn’t rely on little blue pills. Some take a simple identification of the cause to find the remedy. Let’s take a look at some causes of decreased penile sensation and how to get it back.
1) Age – This is one that is hard to treat! Or is it? As men age, their bodies evolve into their next phase, generally one that is a bit slower than their exuberant youth. The blood vessels that direct blood flow in and out of the penis also grow older and slow with age. While age is inevitable, there are several tips to help an older man increase sensation in his penis. Stay away from food prior to sex (the body won’t have to put energy toward digestion), exercise prior to sex to get the blood pumping, and one thing that’s often overlooked is to enjoy sexual activity during the part of the day when more alert and energetic.
2) Low Testosterone – This is also called “Low T.” Testosterone depletes as men age. This can often lead to decreased penile sensation and even numbness in the genital area. Other symptoms of low testosterone include sadness or depression, fatigue, irritability, and a reduction in muscle mass. Men who believe they have Low T should see a doctor for a diagnosis. Symptoms can often be treated with medication.
3) Excessive Masturbation – Too much friction can lead to numbness. This is also true for men who utilize “Death Grip,” an unreasonably tight compression when masturbating. This leads to loss of sensation in the penis because it can thicken the outer penile skin. Thankfully sensation can be regained if a man takes a knee on masturbation for a moderate period of time. Then when returning to self-pleasure, is gentler and uses less compression. This will not only increase his penile sensitivity but also improve sexual satisfaction with a partner.
4) Medical Issues Involving Compromised Circulation – Men who are diagnosed with medical conditions such as obesity, diabetes, or cardiovascular problems can experience decreased penile sensation. The best way to regain sensation is to follow all treatment plans to the letter. That could be everything from medication to weight loss to activity to something simple such as sitting less so the genital area can experience improved circulation.
5) Nerve Damage – Diseases like diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) can affect the penis in addition to other parts of the body. Both diseases are linked to neuropathy, a condition caused by nerve damage which can cause pain, burning, and numbness. A doctor can explore methods of treatment after diagnosis. However, patients should first treat the disease and then treat the symptoms.
Improve Penis Circulation and Sensitivity
In addition to the many methods of regaining sensation listed above, there is a daily way to improve penis health and sensitivity – self-massage! Now, this isn’t the self-gratifying sort; this type of massage should be seen as a combination of good hygiene and self-care.
Massage the penis daily with a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) to improve sensation in the penis. Not only does it feel good, but emollients like Shea butter and vitamin E helps retain the elasticity of the penile skin. Other beneficial ingredients include vitamin C, which is critical for promoting proper blood flow for strong erections and L-Carnitine to protect against peripheral nerve damage caused by friction which can lead to numbness and decreased penile sensation. Finally, a key amino acid that increases blood flow, L-Arginine, is a welcome addition to maintain firm erections.